Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Simple Homey NYE

I read someone's Facebook post today that listed 14 resolutions for New Years. I think there are two resolutions that I have actually accomplished. I am not sure what that says about me...I am not sure I want to know either. I have stopped biting my nails (I was 16 when I took on that one) and two years ago I made a goal to move closer to my hometown. Now I am 30 minutes away from it! 14 just seems like I would be setting myself up for disappointment. I do that enough regularly, I sure don't need a special day for it.

Fin is sick today - which is great - cause we get to sit around and watch the History channel and college football bowl games. I am giving myself one resolution. Fin supports it, but I am not sure how good I will be. Writing. I want to keep writing. Access my ideas, dreams, and feelings in a way that only one person can. So here goes.

With Fin being sick today, I traded my mom the Christmas Eve ham bone for a chicken carcass. Ridiculous huh? I made Fin some chicken soup - chicken, carrots, celery, red onion, parsley, and thyme. I don't think it gets much better. Simple food and a good smelling house. I think this NYE might be an early one, but you won't hear me complaining. That is just about perfect.

I just finished reading a great book too - we are water by Wally Lamb. I don't know how that man comes up with the stories he does, but I am glad I am not trapped in his brain. What a crazy place. What a great book. This year, I would like to read 10 good books. 10 GOOD books. Which for some might not seem like any at all, but considering that most of what I read is for work, this would be an accomplishment. I hope it happens. I am counting we are water as one of the ten...probably not fair, but I am going to do it anyway.

Time to pour wine #1 and start tracking the snow storm. Ahhh, the joys of simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment